|Version 11 (modified by jarrod.millman, 6 years ago)|
As of August 2007, we will create a stable branch every 3 months. Development will continue on the trunk and we will tag off the branch only as needed to address bugs. For more specific details about the roadmap see milestone:0.6, milestone:0.7, ...
|0.6.0||a major stable releases|
|0.6.X||the first maintenance releases (bugfixes only)|
|0.6.1.dev3432||version 3432 of the development branch leading to 0.6.1|
|0.7.0.dev3532||version 3532 of the development trunk leading to 0.7|
Prepare for upcoming release
- Announce upcoming release on the developer's list.
- Create a release branch (if none exists).
- svn cp http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/<version> -m "Create a release branch."
- Increment the version number in trunk/scipy/version.py
Review the state of the branch
- Make sure the current trunk builds a package correctly:
python setup.py bdist python setup.py sdist
Create the release tag
- Create a tag off the branch
svn cp http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/<version> http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/tags/<version>
- Update the version of the
- Switch to the tag svn switch http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/tags/<version>
- Set release=True in scipy/version.py
Check out the tagged version
Create the distribution (eggs)
Create a Windows binary release
Test the releases
Update the SourceForge site
- Make the distribution tar-files and binary releases and up-load them to SourceForge