|Version 13 (modified by jarrod.millman, 6 years ago)|
Beginning August 2007, Jarrod Millman is the SciPy Release Manager (RM). The RM we will create a stable branch every 3 months.
Understanding the version numbering:
|0.6.0||a major stable releases|
|0.6.X||the first maintenance releases (bugfixes only)|
|0.6.1.dev3432||version 3432 of the development branch leading to 0.6.1|
|0.7.0.dev3532||version 3532 of the development trunk leading to 0.7|
To make a "release" of SciPy, the release manager should follow these steps:
Prepare for upcoming release
- Announce upcoming release on the developer's list.
- introduce a soft-freeze
- Create a release branch (if none exists).
- svn cp http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/trunk http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/<version> -m "Create a release branch."
- increment version number in trunk/scipy/version.py
Review the state of the branch
- Make sure the current trunk builds a package correctly:
- All tests should pass.
Create the release tag from the branch
- svn cp http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/branches/<version> http://svn.scipy.org/svn/scipy/tags/<version> -m "Create a release branch."
- increment version number in branches/<version>/scipy/version.py
- set release=True in tags/<version>/scipy/version.py
- Check out the tagged version
- Create the distribution (eggs)
- Create a Windows binary release
- Test the releases
Update the SourceForge site
- Make the distribution tar-files and binary releases and up-load them to SourceForge