|Version 1 (modified by pv, 4 years ago)|
See Task #919
The scipy.integrate.ode/odeint API needs some cleanup. This page details a suggestion what a revised API should look like.
Problems with current api
- ode is a class, odeint a function
- ode has different semantics than odeint for the callback function
The idea would be to follow the lead of the scipy.interpolate API (cf. eg. KroghInterpolate).
- CamelCase classes Vode, Zvode, Dopri, etc., functionality similar to ode
- Thin wrapper functions vode, zvode, ..., with functionality similar to odeint
The second point could perhaps also be
- One wrapper function odeint (or something similar) with a suitable keyword argument.
- Are the named classes Vode etc. discoverable? (Having names of different solvers in class names is obscure.)