|Version 8 (modified by stefan, 4 years ago)|
SciPy Sprint October 2009
- Date: 24/25 October 2009 (Sat/Sun)
- Find us on: irc.freenode.net in channel #scipy
We've noticed that our patch queue keeps getting longer and longer (code patches as well as docs), so here is an opportunity to do some spring cleaning!
We are looking for volunteers to write documentation, review code, fix bugs or design marketing material. New contributors are most welcome, and mentorship will be available.
The sprints will center around these tasks. Format of this list is "task [contact person]".
- Tickets - close as many as possible [stefan, davidc, pauli]
- scikits.image [stefan]
- See http://stefanv.github.com/scikits.image/contribute.html for a list of tasks.
- Documentation [ralf, davidg, pauli]
- Finish off / move forward some of the docstrings that require in-depth knowledge of numpy, like: broadcast, newbuffer & friends, ctypeslib, record, ndarray.strides, ufunc, void, distutils
- Create or review templates for docstrings that are repeatable and have to refer somewhere else like: generic, chararray, ndarray methods
- Tie up some loose ends that are not discussed in the documentation standard, for example how to document modules.
- Patch review [davidc, toliphant, stefan]
- Web page design -- where are we now?
- Organizer: Stéfan van der Walt (082-901-6599)
- Location: Unknown
- Organizer: David Cournapeau
- Ralf Gommers
- David Goldsmith (Olympia, Washington)
- David Warde-Farley (University of Toronto)